Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Still Life with Dried Roses

I think I have found an inspiration for better photos.
I have always enjoyed a good still life, but really have not explored them very much. I have learned a few techniques with Photo Shop this past year, and it is nice to be able to use them in a way that is pleasing to me.
The weather outside is bitterly cold, and about to get colder. There is nothing new outside to take pictures of anyway, so it is a good time to dust off my vintage pottery and look around the house for all these nick knacks I've collected over the years, and give them purpose.

Back in the days when I only had one child I actually tried a few still lifes in pastels. They aren't too bad, I just never got around to framing them, so they sit in the sketch book and rarely get looked at. By now the corners are getting bent from being moved about from shelf to shelf.
These photographic versions are much more realistic!

No comments: